The role of the Master Plan Steering Committee will be to channel community resources towards the master planning process to ensure the broadest community ownership of the Master Plan while continuing to provide guidance to the Planning Commission during the implementation of the Master Plan. It is composed of twenty-one members that include representatives of community residents, the business community, neighborhood and faith-based organizations, Master Plan partners and stakeholders, at least one member of the City Council and two members of the Planning Commission and a student/youth representative. Each member is selected by a four person panel consisting of 2 co-chairs, a member of City Council, and the Mayor. All nine City of Flint wards are represented and the members reflect the social makeup of the City of Flint in its membership.
The responsibilities of the members are as follows:
- Hold meetings, while maintaining successful attendance (Two absence limit)
- Provide recommendations to the Planning Commission on implementation-related planning areas such as the Capital Improvement Plan, Sub-Area Plans, Zoning Code, Executive summary, etc.
- Help plan the annual community engagement event to report on progress and receive input on the implementation of the Master Plan.
- Receive and review reports from Task Groups related to implementation of seven chapters of the Master Plan.
- Participate in other community outreach efforts related to implementation of the Master Plan.
- Richard Boone, Local Landscape Architect
- Linda Boose, City Wide Advisory Committee-Human Relations
- Pamela Hawkins, Flint Area Congregations Together (FACT)
- John Henry, Flint Institute of Arts
- Pastor LaTrelle Holmes, Greater Galille Baptist Church
- Judy Hovey, Fairfield Neighborhood Association
- Elizabeth Jordan, City of Flint Planning Commission
- Sup’t. Quintin Marshall, Genesee County Church Of God In Christ Alliance (COGIC)
- Paul Mattern, UofM-Flint Student/ Youth Rep.
- Mona Munroe-Yunis, UofM-Flint Outreach
- Bryant Nolden, Flint City Council
- Clarence Pierce, Hamilton Community Health
- Jackie Poplar, Flint City Council
- Jim Richardson (Co-Chair), Non-Profit Organization
- Sandra Robinson, South Side Neighborhood Association
- Raynetta Speed, Genesee County Land Bank
- Charles Tutt, Education
- Bob Wesley (Co-Chair), City of Flint Planning Commission
- Barry Williams, Law Enforcement